View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 07:30 AM   #19
Magnum Wheel Man

so right now I'm leaning towards .025 steel rod, with chem resistant heat shrink over the top...

if you look at the pic I posted, I'll use the same 2 X 4 design, but drill the holes in both sides, rather than the front, you can't tell the holes are at 10* on my current design, but, I think I'll drill the side holes at 10* also ( since the milling machine is still set up for 10* ) & that will give the guns a muzzle angled down display, on both sides of the board, & insure they stay put...

I had intended to do my Automags on the rack pictured, but since they are both scoped & unscoped, I couldn't get a nice looking display with my other design, so I'll be using this new design for the Automags, only just putting them all on one side of the board... I'll have to go to .017 or so rod, to hold the 22 caliber Automag 2, but the others should be fine with the same .025...

... wondering if I'll need to go to a hardened steel for the 22, so it won't droop ??? it's the lightest of the Automags, with the open slide, but is still a long barrel, so it'll have some leverage on the rod...

Page generated in 0.02091 seconds with 8 queries