View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 10:58 PM   #95
Flea21

Re: .308 reloading help...

Ok well I guess the moderators didnt remove this as I requested so I figured ill leave an update merely to help those that have similar issues... the problem is solved. It was nothing more than using those crappy federal gold match 210M primers! Those things seem to create waay to much pressure ast any load I made. Even as low as 40.4gr of imr4064 would still make that bolt stick and flatten the primer and leave the exyractor mark as well. When I switched to Winchester LR primers, I had no issues whatsoever! The rifle fired ebtirely different, smootly and as expected afterwards the bolt worked just perfect and the round ejected with no sigbs of overpressure. I noticed my rifle seems to like 42.6 to 43.4grs of IMR4064. Im making a bunch of 43.0grs rounds and plan tweaking a perfect load for this rifle. Im very pleased to know that I dont need to use those primers and can still make quality accurate and safe ammo, not to mention, winchester primers are easy to come by in my neck of the woods and currently I have 1000 of them anyways so im set for awhile.

I wanna thank yall who helped me out very much. I probably bought tools I didnt need but I know ill find a use for them down the road. Now its time to reload for my newly acquired .338 Lapua that im in the process of building out, just gotta get it bedded to the mcmillan a5 stock I got for it and get a high powered nightforce optic mounted to it.. that should be fun!

Once again, I appreciate the help and selling me your neck turner tool as well, you know who you are :-)

Page generated in 0.02826 seconds with 8 queries