View Single Post
Old December 5, 1998, 12:54 AM   #3
Rob Pincus

Bruce,
An associate of mine did a study for the Feds on using small arms against vehicles. He even produced an instructional video on the subject meant for LE and military personnel. the study was geared towards executive protection concerns, both from the defensive and offensive side. To unilaterally rule out the 9mm against targets inside of a car is not at all appropriate. Obviously, slugs are better, but 9mm is not as useless as it seems popular to think. I have shot 9mm FMJ through car doors and windshields with decent accuracy in training situations and personaly seen the results on human bodies when the 9mm was shot through car glass.
(see the post about the officer involved shooting in the general forum for a recent experience with a vehical shoot, that involved .40S&W though, which really is not radically different from the 9mm +P+ 127s that were issued prior to the switch, certianly MUCH closer than 12 gauge slugs)

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you both that the 9mm carbine is not as good a secondary choice as the tactical shotgun, but if he does choose it, I think the Kel-Tec is a great choice given that it can use his Glock mags, of course he might be better served by a Marlin which can also be fitted (for $150 I think) for the Glock mags.

Now I must suggest a Benelli and you can find countless posts here in the archives in which I speak well of that particular smooth bored beauty.

------------------
-Essayons

Page generated in 0.03837 seconds with 8 queries