View Single Post
Old January 12, 2000, 04:15 PM   #23
BB

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I can explain that as people violating policy, your CO's knowledge and acceptance doesn't make it right. Because there's a stop sign doesn't mean people will stop.[/quote]

OK, cite the regulation that makes what you say policy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I was wholly unaware that onboard Naval warships individuals could choose to store their weapons and ammo. I imagine it must hell on earth trying to discipline someone when everybody is armed.[/quote]

Certainly they can. Especialy since many of us lived onboard. They are locked up in the armory along with all the other smallarms, and issued out when needed. One of my duties onboard was serving on the ships self defense force, and we were designated as boarding team as well to search shipping bound for the gulf and the balkan penninsula. For that reason we were issued weapons, and I choose to carry mine, and the CO had no problem with it, especialy since I used my personal weapon in competition.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You reinforce my point, you aren't able to discuss special operations. Precisely why to me it's odd when I hear that so and so SEAL carried a Glock in country.[/quote]

What "special operations" have I discussed? I have stated that SEAL team 1 and EOD were embarked on my ship during Desert Storm. That, sir, is not classified information. Neither is the fact that my ship performed intradiction operations in the Adriatic and Red Seas.

BB

Page generated in 0.03746 seconds with 8 queries