View Single Post
Old March 31, 2014, 10:35 AM   #5
F. Guffey

Quote:
I have been cranking out the rounds using a mix of pure liquid Lanolin and 99% alcohol. As many of you probably know,
What do I know and when did I know it?

Jack O'Conner was the author of a book back in 1954, in one of his books he wrote about his hands, they hurt. He also wrote about sizing cases and lube, he said he used lanolin (and nothing), he said he keep lanolin on his hands and used it when sizing cases.

In my dealings with manufacturers I had one company promise me if their lube did not help they guaranteed me it would not damage. I decided If Jack O'Conner could use lanolin I could find something that would not cake if not removed after sizing. I found a few lubes that worked better than any lube on a reloaders list of approved lubes.

Question: I have helped others form cases for wildcat chambers, I have had no luck with the 'tuff' cases when using Imperial and or Dillon in a bottle or can, when experiencing failure to form cases no one questions the lube, WHY?

Before I load a sized case I tumble with media and nothing, Is the OP loading cases without tumbling, or is his tumbling media failing him?

add to: pure lanolin? 99% alcohol, sounds/looks like pure alcohol with a hint of lanolin.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.01984 seconds with 8 queries