View Single Post
Old October 20, 2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Koda94

Quote:
I am going to mark the location by holding one grip in place and then going through the screw holes in the frame with a scribe or sumpin.
without drawings or a mill I figured I would have fit problem but was hoping to get lucky after all their just simple grips eh..... not so much.

Doc, I used an existing grip to mark the hole locations and then used a drill press with a pilot hole drilled first located by eye. I used calipers to measure what drill diameter to fit to the bushing... in the end by eye the positioning was not exact but my drill diameter was a tight fit so I reamed out one of the holes in the direction it needed and it fit but then this slightly threw off the grip geometry (shape) and I had to retouch up which I forgot about. So if you try this start with drilling the holes first, check the fit and if it works continue on with the rest of the shaping. Will save much time. Also, the thickness of the grip is critical too and must be exact to fit the height of the grip screw installed in the bushing.

If I have to ream any more then I think the grips will be too loose on the frame. I did buy an end mill to make the counterbores for the screw heads which hasn't come in yet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Selection_003.jpg (45.7 KB, 1602 views)

Page generated in 0.03256 seconds with 9 queries