View Single Post
Old October 9, 2013, 11:53 PM   #31
ronl

The TRS-25 is a decent little sight. I have one on an AK and it has held up well so far. Midway has them on sale this month for $85. I like the small size and weight of it. The Vortex strikefire is a decent sight,too. A couple of my friends have them and really like them. I chose the SPARC for my lightweight AR build. They are very robust. The EOtech is my personal choice as far as red-dot/holo sights go, but they are quite a bit more than you want to spend. In the past year I picked up a Horus Talon 1-4 optic and have come to really appreciate it's value and versatility. It has become my favorite because of that. With the illuminated reticle it can do the job of any red-dot/holo sight with the added bonus of magnification if you desire it. Down side is the weight and relatively short battery life, but in daylight you really do not need illumination to reap the benefits. I mounted it on a Daewoo K-2 and it balances nicely on that platform. I'd seriously consider a 1-4 type optic because it,with the right reticle, can offer you one thing no red-dot can; precision.

Page generated in 0.02449 seconds with 8 queries