View Single Post
Old July 8, 2013, 02:49 PM   #13
Old_Dog

You are not weird. I was hooked on S&W revolvers and then switched to Ruger and now own both. If I had to pick a manufacturer I am hooked on, it would be Sig. A third of my guns are Sig's. That is due to over 40 years experience with what has jammed on me and not. I find other makes nicer to look at or more ergonomic but when I buy them they eventually fail to perform at some time and then I lose confidence in them and go back to my Sig's. I am sure that some had problems with Sigs too but when since I never did, I have more trust in them than other brands. Confidence in your gun goes a long way in a gun fight. Using a gun that jams occasionally at the range does not inspire that confidence.

The other reason why some like one brand over the other is aesthetics. You simply like the look of the entire gun line. It appeals to you. A lot of people do not like how the Ruger GP100 or LCR looks and yet they are very fine guns.

Page generated in 0.04907 seconds with 8 queries