View Single Post
Old December 9, 2006, 07:44 AM   #19
Daves-got-guns

opinions, opinions. Fact is a .22 will kill a man, hell a bb gun will kill a man but thats stretchin it. Sure i could get a 12 gauge with 3.5 00 or maybe triple ought buck loads that hit as hard as a 10 gauge but why? why excessive recoil without the big gain in power? unless you are a piss-pour shot and your just gonna point the gun in the general degree of where the bgis then, why all the excessive shot? 2 3/4 standard loads in 12 are fine, and time and time again have proved their merits in the usual home defense ranges. I would rather be able to get 2 standard 2 3/4 loads delivered on target, then dump a barrel of 3.5 or even 3" loads in the general direction, and muzzle blast with a 12 guage is horrendous in closed areas as it is, and those loads will damn near knock you out in home defense situation from the percussion witch is gonan be messy. If you think your 3" loads are gonna do it for you in the house, goto a confined area, you can try the gun range but i doubt they'll let you do this, take off your ear muffs or w/e you got for protection and just dump 1 3" load and tell me how that goes. I guarentee in a self defensive situation you will not have hearing protection, and if you have time to put hearing protection then your situation probably isnt that serious. .410 is fine for a self defense load, even though it is pushing the envelope of comfort, if i had to i would use that, and find the BEST load that anybody makes witch so far seems to be the winchester load.

Page generated in 0.02963 seconds with 8 queries