View Single Post
Old February 26, 2011, 05:06 PM   #14
Doc Hoy

Clem

All excellent points and very welcome. I drive through Orlando probably three times per year to visit my folks. The trees and layout are quite recognizable.

Me sense from early feedback is that NC is far more tolerant than other places. This is country with a capital "C".

In looking at the plot, it appears that there is a large enough wooded area at the back of the property to clear out a spot that has trees all around it. This is not all beer and skittles since visibility is not very good. Hard to tell who might blunder onto the range.

I did not get to visit today since we are watching the grandkids and one of them took sick. Maybe tomorrow.

Talking to the deputies is high on the list. In fact I have already met one but did not discuss this specific project.

I am not far enough into the project to know how it will come out. I doubt there would ever be enough revenue to turn it into a business. There is probably more money in renting out the land to a farmer for cultivation. If I put the range on the nonarable land, there might be some future in this.

I will keep y'all posted. And please keep the thoughts flowing.

Page generated in 0.02122 seconds with 8 queries