View Single Post
Old May 2, 2012, 08:53 AM   #28
Nathan

In all fairness here. . .you do need to be online to save the most money, but it is not required depending on your LGS and what you shoot.

If you are buying less than 500 bullets at a time, usually the LGS is not a big deal. I rarely load enough to buy more than a pound of powder at a time and with the $8 hazmat, that is basically required to be bought at the LGS.

Primers require the $8 hazmat too and they won't ship together, so I buy by the 1000 at the LGS.

I pick up cases except for long range rifles. So, the LGS wouldn't be that much more for me.

I buy online usually for convenience and because the cheaper LGS is like 20 miles away!

Buying strange bullets like Berger or bulk cast bullets are where I find online helps. Also, when looking for bulk fmj or imported bullets to save money, usually my LGS looks at me like I have 3 heads when I ask about those.

Basically, IMO, online saves you about $10 per hundred. If you drive everytime you load 100 rounds to the LGS, you have to include that also.

LAst some people like Natchez, Midsouth, Graf's, etc still take written orders with money orders, I believe.

Page generated in 0.03139 seconds with 8 queries