View Single Post
Old March 8, 2000, 10:28 PM   #1
Eric Blair

Can anyone point me in the right direction or to the right people.

Here is my situation.
I recently picked up my first Title II firearm. A M11/9mm. Its fun, so now I want to buy more. What I'm looking at is another MG and an AOW. (ares .410 flashlight)
I want to be able to let me significant other use the weapon also. Since a form 4 can only be to an individual, or a corporation, I'm thinking corporation.

Here's my thought. Form a corporation (non-profit) to "educate" others on firearms. Purchase whatever toys I want, and have them form 4'ed to the corp. Then allow "stockholders". (My SO, Brother,Sister, etc) have access to the NFA weapon.

I have, in the past incorporated. A true PIA. Not the doing, but the keeping. Quaterly forms to every govt. agency, and their brothers. I eventually let the corp disolve for exactly this reason. (Paperwork) A friends family formed a "trust" some time ago to avoid estate taxes/probate. The trust is a type of corp., and as an seperate being could hold land/cars/etc and allow the trustee's to have use/access to the assets. The big advantage was that there were no quaterly paperwork, as the trust was not a business, but a holding corp.
Could I form the "Corp" as a trust to avoid quaterly (monthly) paperwork?
Next question...
What determines residency for a corp? State of incorporation? Where an office exists? Say ABCD is incorporated in Del. as many companies are, can they only by weapons in Del.? What if there HQ is out of NH? Can they by title 1 or title 2 firearms???

Any help would be appreciated. (including just a name of a decent lawyer. ((corp or firearm)))
The Corp./Trust would be, most likely, based out of NH or AZ. (If that helps....)

Thanks,

Eric

Page generated in 0.03500 seconds with 8 queries