View Single Post
Old February 23, 2012, 01:39 PM   #79
William T. Watts

If you will purchase a reloading handbook I.E. Sierra, Hornady, Nosler, Speer and read cover to cover you will not only learn the ABC's which are so important but will learn a new vocabulary that will aid in understanding our hobby. If you ask a question but don't understand the response it's like an American and Frenchmen trying to converse and can't quite pull it off. Some but not all reloading manuals included a glossary to help the newcomer to help develope the vocabulary and understand new terms so you will grasp the concepts more quickly. Simply put you have to put the time in, this isn't an easy hobby, it helps to have a mechanical apptitude too. Most of the fellows you run into on this website have a number of skills. I'm a 46 year handloader, I've contracted three homes (I'm in #3) I also happen to hold an Advanced Class Amateur Radio license KB5CH, I'm a retired Master Mechanic, l also completed the Gunsmith program at TSJC 2000-2001. You have to crawl before you walk, you have to walk before you run, be patient. In this hobby you get out of it what you put in it, above all be safe, if your not sure don't do it.. William

Page generated in 0.02313 seconds with 8 queries