View Single Post
Old May 2, 2002, 08:35 PM   #10
rkc

Somehow I think a good man with a gun does about as well with one as the other. It take an awful lot of shooting to 'shoot right up to the gun' and at SWAT, you dont see a lot of machine rests. We prefer to keep in touch with reality. Firing the gun off hand shows sharp edges, an ill placed safety, or other problems. And people are different, so they handle guns different. I thought the 25 yard benchrest was the standard of judging handguns- this was a long time ago-until I saw a fellow named Hansen testing pistols rapid fire at ten yard on his feet. I tried it. Seperates a lot of guns more meaningfully. I was a hardheaded cop but I learned a great deal from SWAT. Take care,

R K C

Oh, posers. If I were to really pose I could win an ugly gun writer contest. I think the old time word was posturer. There are deadly serious professionals on the staff, and photographs are
necessary- this is an illustrated magazine and we have to have illustrations, and that means photos of us holding the gun. or knife. or holster. Training is simulating combat. So, we are simulating combat but firing the gun.

I was impressed by SWAT when I did not know what I know now. The more I learn the more humble I am - and the more impressed with SWAT.

Also, while I am burning the keys up-I have been stuck on 50 words a minute for about three years-the Firing Line is the home of a wonderful group of intelligent, sophisticated and
witty folks, more than you will ever find in one place than any other means. I enjoy my time online immensely.
Have a good night,

R K Campbell

Page generated in 0.02146 seconds with 8 queries