View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Mike38

Come on people......

Went to check out a new range today. The one I have been going to for the past few years raised fees again this year. $30 per person per day. Me and my son, plus gas money, and I’m looking at $80 for a day of shooting, not counting ammo. This new range, near Princeton Iowa, is run by the Iowa DNR, and it’s free. I will have more travel time, a little more gas, but figure I’ll save $50 per shooting session.

But here lies the dilemma. This range near Princeton Iowa is pretty much uncontrolled. There is a guy that’s a Range Safety Officer present on weekends and holidays, but the shooting line is long, and he’s just one person. During a cease fire to check / change targets, I walked out to the 50 yard line to get a better view of the berm behind the 100 yard target stands. On my walk back a woman was holding a M1911, with the slide locked forward, pointing it 90 degrees away from the targets, but still, a major infraction. I yelled at her that the line should be safe, no touching firearms, slides back, magazines out, pistols on the bench, don’t touch them! She looked at me like I was from another planet and kept handling the pistol.

Come on people! Get with the program!

Rant over. You may continue enjoying your Fourth of July. Have a good one!

Page generated in 0.02369 seconds with 8 queries