View Single Post
Old March 9, 2001, 07:01 PM   #2
mikey357

Good Question! I had to think about it for a second...on my SA autos, I keep the trigger "pulled",or all the way to the rear, until I am cognizant of the front sight being back on target following recoil...I then "let it forward" and fire the next shot...some may do it differently, and the SA autopistol is NOT what I shoot most often...THAT would be the DA revolver. With the DA revolver, RELEASING the trigger SMOOTHLY following a shot is about as important as the trigger PULL itself...the "smoothness"-or LACK of smoothness-of the return of the trigger to its "forward" position can affect the position of the front sight--and therefore,the position of the gun--relative to the target...the closer the front sight ends up--after recoil--to where it was before the shot was fired, the less "adjusting" you have to do before a second shot can be fired, and the quicker you can fire that follow-up shot and have it be a "good" shot...Wish I had thought of it first, but it comes to me from Ed McGivern via Jerry Miculek...FWIW....mikey357

Page generated in 0.02863 seconds with 8 queries