View Single Post
Old October 29, 2011, 09:19 PM   #3
Ideal Tool

Hello, Jlhall. I just finished sizing/expanding some .32WCF (.32-20) cases this morning. These are to be used in a Colt circa 1903 Bisley revolver. I have the RCBS Cowboy die set, as these are more compatable with the cast bullets I use.
While the sizer die in the set is the full-length type, By adjusting die, I am sizing only that portion of case neck that actually holds the bullet.
This takes less efort, and leaves the body of fired cases a nice close fit in chamber.
I do the same with straight revolver cases also.
I have in the past ordered neck sizer dies only & these work fine. However, for the ultimate in neck sizing adjustment..the Redding S-Type Bushing dies are the way to go. I use these for .22 Hornet, .222 Rem.
I have been loading cast bullets for a pre-war (WW1) Mauser sporter in
7X57. The Germans liked deep oversize grooves for pressure safety...Not good for cast bullets! Every commercial bullet I had showed lots of light around, when jammed up into throat.
I had to order custom moulds of .288dia. Of course the regular sizing dies..even neck sizers would have squeezed that neck back to grip a nominal
7mm (.275) bullet.
Thats alot of brass working!
So, I custom ordered from Redding an S Type bushing die in 7X57.

Page generated in 0.03033 seconds with 8 queries