View Single Post
Old November 23, 2008, 01:57 AM   #73
Dallas Jack

Quote:
I am amazed at the logic that some have used to shirk culpability in this incident. Regarding the points you bring up in your list:

1. What does this have to do with anything about this case? Nothing. The owner surely never gave permission for the hunter to shot intentionally or otherwise at his home.

2. If he didn't know, he should have. You should not hunt an area that you are not completely familiar with...especially if you don't know if there are homes nearby. If he did know, then he is also guilty of depraved indifference.

3. Again...basic safety rules apply. And every hunter has to pass a hunter safety course before being issued a hunting license. Go look up firearms safety rules as relating to your target. Never mind: I'll do it for you:

4. Why does this matter...the little girl was INSIDE HER TRAILER HOME which the bullet pierced before striking her. Are you suggesting that this little girl is somehow at fault because she caught a 'stray bullet'?

1. It has been bought up as a contributing factor on this thread even to the point of if he was standing further away by just one more foot this would not have happened.

2,3. We do not know the relationship between his intentional hunting area and the location of the fatal shot.

4. On the contrary, I am not assigning blame on anyone, most certianly not the little girl. The point here was she would not have been there had he decided to hunt at a different time. Does that matter? Not really, just clearing up something that had been stated in other replies that was in error.

Quote:
2. What's behind your target? Always make sure that a stray shot, or a bullet which penetrates its intended target through and through, will be safely stopped.
3. Never shoot at a hard surface, or at water -- your shot may glance off, ricochet and injure someone.
4. Never shoot at glass bottles, living trees, or inappropriate targets which would create a hazard for other persons or damage the environment.
2. He was tracking a wounded animal, maybe outside of his hunting area. How would you handle this?
3,4. He was not shooting at any of the above targets. His target was a deer. As it turned out it was a bad decision.

I am not defending the hunter, only his right to a fair trial without bias or preudice. No one on this forum has privy to the facts. (If I am wrong and you know more than was reported please sound off so we can put this one to rest)

If you haven't noticed by now, I have no confidence in the reporting of facts in our media. Is this guy guilty of second degree manslaughter? I do not know as I again say, I DO NOT HAVE THE FACTS. Do you?

Be Safe
Dallas Jack

Page generated in 0.02845 seconds with 8 queries