View Single Post
Old April 21, 2007, 10:03 AM   #1
chris240

HELP- 45acp loads are waaaay to slow

Here is the problem I'm having. I've been loading Berry's 200 grain round nose flat point's on top of 5.0 grains of VV N320. OAL is 1.200(book calls for 1.24 but these feed better in my gun), crimp is .470-471 According to the powder manual and my trusty LEE book this load should run about 860fps. I checked my loads yesterday and made an average of 723 fps(15 shots). Chrono was set about 11 feet from the muzzle. Thinking maybe my chrono was messed up I checked it against some factory Hornady 9mm. Chrono is fine.

I am dumb founded as what to do next. Max charge is listed at 5.4, but at the rate I'm going I'll never make power factor. I need to make 860 fps for major power factor in USPSA. The gun I am shooting these out of is a Dawson Precision STI Edge with a Barsto bull barrell. Gun has about 1200 rounds through it. I check my powder drops every 25 rounds so I know my charge weight is 5.0 grains. I even checked my digital scale against my balance scale to make sure it didn't go haywire. The powder is only about 3 weeks old purchased from Powder Valley.

If someone has any idea as to what is going on I would love to get some feedback on this.

Page generated in 0.03197 seconds with 8 queries