View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 09:29 AM   #2
Alabama Shooter

It depends. I have a very large room in my house that has a lot of furniture. I like having a very wide field of light in that room instead of a bright directional light. For the rest of the house I prefer more of a directional bright light.

During clearing operations I used a helmet mounted light for looking around and a issue Surefire on the rifle. The SF while heavy, threw out a huge near sun like directional beam while the head light allowed me to do a number of other things without lowering my weapon or using another hand. The arrangement worked very well and I have essentially adopted it for home use.

So for HD my suggestion would be both. A weapon mounted light with a high intensity directional beam and wider head lamp beam.

For SD I don't carry a weapon mounted flashlight, just my regular flashlight on the belt. For my plans this is adequate.

Page generated in 0.03659 seconds with 8 queries