View Single Post
Old January 13, 2012, 10:47 AM   #4
TacticalDefense1911

The best 1911 for the money is a Dan Wesson IMO. Fit and finish of a custom gun for production gun money as well as top of the line internal parts. These guns are hand fitted. They aren't cheap by any stretch of the imagination but you won't find a better gun until you crack the $2k-$3k range. Dan Wesson sells the V-bob and the Guardian. They also sell a CCO which is a commander slide on a officer frame; great for CCW. You can find the discontinued C-bob or Classic Bobtail used as well which is a beautiful gun. You'll be looking at an investment of around $1300-$1500 for these guns.

If you want something less expensive I'd suggest the Springfield Loaded Champion or if you want something with a rail the Springfield Champion Operator. Springfields have nice fit and finish and seem to run very well. Fit and finish is not going to be near that of a Dan Wesson but still pretty good. I've found that Springfield triggers usually need a little work out of the box. I like Kimbers but their quality is hit or miss. I've not been impressed with the Sigs I've owned. I've never owned a Smith because the fit is always so bad on them when I pick one up but I hear they run good.

Page generated in 0.03341 seconds with 8 queries