Thread: service six?
View Single Post
Old July 12, 2014, 02:37 AM   #4
KevininPa

Honestly......

........these guns are so well made that with the exception of springs (possibly), I don't think spare parts would be necessary. I have a 2 3/4 Speed with a bull barrel, The wife has a 2 3/4 Security and the stepson has a blued Speed that I bought him.

Granted, I don't know how often you shoot. But with the amount we shoot them (every other month or so, the 9's are cheaper to shoot!), ours will last through to my great grandkids. They are after all, Rugers.

Though I did at one time think like you are now and considered buying every spare part I could for them. Not so much anymore. Read so many online stories and seen enough youtube stuff to be convinced that I don't need parts for these revolvers. They're built too tough. Unless you're going through some serious ammo shooting, I wouldn't worry about it.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a Service model in a 4 inch flavor. Would like it for the woods. My Speed serves me well but it wouldn't hurt to have a little more barrel in the woods. the Speed was one of my Grail guns. Now a 4 inch Service is.

Page generated in 0.03539 seconds with 8 queries