Thread: Jammed S&W500
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2013, 10:24 AM   #14
Dragline45

Quote:
The DA revolver's reputation for über reliability is often over-rated, IMO: They're mechanical devices with lots of parts operating at close tolerance - revos may might be ammo-versatile, but lots of other stuff can go wrong.
I agree with this. Out of all the guns I have owned the only gun that had to go back to the factory was my S&W model 60 which had the frame mounted hammer pin snap during firing completely locking up the gun and making it inoperable. Although, S&W fixed it for free and sent the entire gun back rebuilt with all new internals and even a new cylinder, this wasn't warranty either. In this same gun oddly enough on a separate occasion the hammer block snapped too, this is when they had a short stint using MIM hammer blocks which they no longer user. I also had an ejector rod come loose and lock up my old 686, easily fixed with some blue loc-tite but still a hassle since this happened in the middle of the woods on a camping trip. Thankfully my buddy who grew up in the area pointed me to a gunsmith who fixed it on the spot for me. Seeing as I didn't have a vise in the middle of the woods I wasn't going to try to fix it myself. My autos haven't given me a lick of problems.

Quote:
how long does S&W service usually take? Need to call them, but haven't heard anything back in what, 3 weeks?
It depends entirely on their current workload. Mine was at the factory and back on my doorstep in 3-4 weeks. Although if they are swamped which I imagine them along with every other gun factory is right now it could take a bit longer.

Page generated in 0.04762 seconds with 8 queries