Thread: Lead warnings
View Single Post
Old January 24, 2012, 04:53 PM   #13
snuffy

Quote:
If you want to take a chance, go ahead. I was only letting you know what I know as a retired metallurgist for a transmission company.
I'm living proof that what I do is NOT having a detrimental effect on my health. My blood lead levels are way below the 20.0 level, and according to your hysteria, I should be in need of chelation to reduce my lead levels.

Those evil wheelweights were apparently falling off everybodys tires, then attacking innocent children, poisoning them. So good ol' commifornia outlaws them. Other states follow suit, so now we have much bigger iron and zinc weights on our tires. Gone are the consistent source for material for our hobby.

That just goes to prove that the hype put out by the EPA is just that, HYPE! They have to justify their existence or loose their power. Also, if they can get rid of lead for boolits, they can back-door-control guns.

Look at the junk science they used to ban lead in bullets in commifornia. Supposedly the lead bullets were ALWAYS in the gut pile from game animals shot while hunting and predator control. Buzzards, oops CONDORS, eat the gut pile, then immediately die from lead poisoning. Everybody on this forum knows that 90% of the bullets pass-through game to be lost in the landscape.The other 10% come to rest in the body of the deer. I never found a bullet in the guts of a whitetail deer here in WI.

When I cast, there's a certain smell present. Kind of metallic? When I'm done and shut down, after a couple of hours I make a visit to the bathroom,(next to the man-cave), I smell that still in the air. It smells like money!!

Here's a good article by Glen Fryxell over at LASC. Simply following hygene is all that's required.

http://www.lasc.us/FryxellSafeHandlingLead.htm

Now I'll hit the ball back in your court. If you fear getting poisoned by lead you have 2 choices. 1. don't load or shoot anything lead, then shoot only jacketed bullets out-of-doors with a good wind in your face. 2. get a hax-mat suit, get a positive flow exhaust hood over your pot, wear gloves, a face mask, then only cast during the full moon. Note; your lead-blood levels won't be any better than mine are while I'm NOT taking ANY of those silly precautions!

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02539 seconds with 8 queries