View Single Post
Old November 5, 2002, 12:49 AM   #1
roscoe

.22 ammunition for Beretta 21

So it seem that there are two ways to go for self-defense ammunition in a mouse gun. There is the high-speed route, and CCI mini-mags seem to be the way to go here, and then there is the maximum mass route.

Aguila makes a subsonic .22 round that has 60 grains of lead, which is twice the mass of pretty much all other other ammunition. Strong opinions about mouse guns aside, what do you good folks think about the use of this ammunition in the little Beretta? I have heard interesting things about the performance of this round in ballistic gellatin, but I don't know ifit will perform all that well coming from a short barrel.

Let me just say that I have fired plenty of it at paper through the little gun and it cycles no problem. I might also add that some of the rounds appear to keyhole, but I am not sure that is a bad thing for self defense applications. One thing I like is that it is much quieter, which is good since that pistol is pretty loud for a .22.

This is a pistol that a single woman (not me, obiously) will be using as a self-defense gun, so accuracy at more than 30 feet is not really that important. And, yes, arrangements are being made to get her a more appropriate firearm (.38 snubbie I expect).

Thanks.

Page generated in 0.02135 seconds with 8 queries