View Single Post
Old September 17, 1999, 04:07 PM   #9
Dr.Rob
Staff Alumnus

Yeah makes you wonder if he stood on a neighbor's porch and issued him a safty lecture on blow up dolls.. but i digress.

9 grains of AA #5 makes a KICK ASS 185 jhp load but its a HOT load... be very very carfeful for signs of ruptered case mouth primier blow outs or primers "backing out".

PS you can put 5 grains of Red Dot behind most bullets for the .45 acp and not hurt your gun. 185- 230 grain jacketed OR lead. (accuracy will vary in your gun of course)

Red Dot is a shotgun powder and burns very quickly and its cheaper that unique or AA#5.. but it does burn lot dirtier. Take a rag to the range and feild strip your weapon after 250 rounds. Wipe the excess residue off and shoot some more.

Have fun stay safe and measure twice.

Dr.Rob

One note on reloading 45's I was using a loose commander barrel as a go/no go guage fore a while and discovered I had made A BUNCH of AMMO that would NOT FIT my colt new service army revolver. (GET A SAMMI SPEC CASE GUAGE from midway or dillon)
Funny thing was i could load it my "modern" autos but my antique wouldn't take the rounds.

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries