View Single Post
Old July 7, 2009, 10:39 AM   #7
Bud Helms

Well ... listen, these rules are not the type that can't be changed. If you guys want to allow some more leeway, there is no reason why we can't loosen up the rules some. This is supposed to be for fun.

Understand that we were just trying to keep things even and fair. If the new two gun rule is hampering the contest, then we can ease up on it. I notice there is another with two Dan Wessons I have not deleted yet.

How about this. I'll go back and undelete those entries that had two handguns in them ... if you guys want to open this up to distance shots of collections, I don't have a problem with it because it's a popularity contest: best photo wins. We can completely do away with a limit on the number of guns in a photo. That's up to you guys. But let's finish this July Contest with a limit of two, and we'll be liberal on that ... then I'll start a poll and try to get some opinions from you guys. Then in August we'll try to implement the results of the poll in August. There may be more than one poll to cover what you guys want to change. So chime in here and let's find out what you'd like to see polled for changes in the contest.

As far as the entries that look like manufacturer's flyers, I have a problem with them because we would have to go to the manufacturers website and search to make sure it wasn't a copy. That's not fair either. I already did that once a few months back. [Edit: we can leave these in the contest if you guys, the competitors, will go out and research the legitimacy of the photo.]

For those of you that had entries deleted, you may need to go back and reattach the photos. If the edit timer has timed out, just make another entry and I'll delete the first entry. It would help if you sent me a PM that you had to re-enter.

Fair enough?

Bud

Page generated in 0.03250 seconds with 8 queries