View Single Post
Old August 26, 2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Doc Hoy

IMHO

1. I have shot everything from 30 to 50 grains in a Walker and don't use fillers. I noticed that in my particular pistol the accuracy is good until I get to the real heavy charge. So I don't think there is a disadvantage to seating the ball further into the chamber. I would be careful not to put more lube over the ball because their just happens to be more space on top of the ball.

2. No opinion

3. Hearing protection and eye protection. Some like to load only five and rest the hammer on an empty chamber. I don't do that but I am a little fool hearty. Some will tell you it is a bad idea to load the chamber straight from the flask. It is obviously more dangerous and probably should be avoided. I don't personally mind loading from the flask to the chamber but I make use of two or three additional precautions to help reduce the risk. Did I say that I am a little fool hearty. Even if you load with a scoop the hot stuff remaining from the last shot can cause embarrassment, damage and injury. If a Walker is more dangerous in this way, it is because the chamber is extra deep, and for that reason more likely to sheild hot embers from being detected and removed.

You say you are risk averse and that is probably a good thing.

Page generated in 0.02889 seconds with 8 queries