View Single Post
Old October 10, 2006, 11:14 AM   #22
azredhawk44

Quote:
Something along the lines of 25,000 loads of WW 231, WW 296, AA 7, Red Dot, Unique, Trail Boss, and a couple others through my POS Lee Pro Disk with nary a problem.
No complaints here with the lee Pro Disk... I was product specific. We're talking about the Lee perfect powder measure.

And for the record, I own several Lee products. I have .308 dies, .30-30 dies, 44mag dies from both Lee and RCBS: I prefer the Lee dies. I have a Lee powder scale and an RCBS digital scale: I prefer the RCBS, but I certainly double-checked my loads with the Lee to begin with (and on occasion still do) to verify accuracy of the digital scale. I have a lee autoprime that I love.

I've just seen my powder charges with Reloder15 vary from 27-31 grains, and when I disected the powder throw to find out why, I found a torn wiper with little micro-abrasions all over it and pieces of either 296 or H110 inside of the little tears in the wiper. The extruded Reloder15 was just the straw that broke that particular camel's back.

I probably got about 2000-2500 loads out of mine. I borrowed an old Pacific measure from a friend for a couple of months and then got an RCBS Uniflow when money allowed. I now have at least 10K rounds through the uniflow.

So, mike: Have you used the Lee Perfect Powder Measure for 2000+ rounds?

Page generated in 0.04684 seconds with 8 queries