View Single Post
Old December 10, 2002, 11:17 AM   #15

Hey, you guys need to keep the advice coming.
Yes, I will be bringing two ARs. One Bushmaster 16" and one Bushmaster 20". Both are bone stock. I will get the Winderness sling on both of them. Optics are a question at this point. If I took your advice, I guess I would get another upper with a 16" flat top, then the Aimpoint, then the mount and I am into another $Grand. That isn't out of the question, but I am not dying to spend that much more.
What should I do to prepare for this class other than equipment ? Shooting drills ? Books to read, tapes to watch, what should I be able to do with my rifle before I show up ? What kind of ammo would you recommend I take (brand, bullet weight) ? I noticed that I could have just bought the ammo when I signed up for the class, I should have done that but didn't.
What role does the handgun play in this class ? What kind of holster is nessessary for the handgun ? I am not a "tactical" type of guy. I have three 1911 holsters at present; A full flap holster that is my field holster, a Fobus kydex rig that I bought so that I can practice some IPSC type stuff and a Milt Sparks Summer Special for my Officers Model (IWB concealment rig). Oh and I guess I also have a Safariland Final Option from when I used to shoot IPSC. Do I need another holster ?
Then you recommend a weapon mounted light. Which one, where can I get one ?
What about mag pouches ? More input would be appreciated. Where do you get these chest pouches ?

Last edited by 444; December 10, 2002 at 11:39 AM.

Page generated in 0.03259 seconds with 8 queries