View Single Post
Old April 29, 2010, 02:10 AM   #13
jgcoastie

Wading through all the "hyperbole" (my new favorite word BTW) of the initial article, the only real issue I see is the possibility of "political profiling"...

If in fact failure to use a turn signal warrents a citation in LA, and if in fact the officer actually addressed the failure to use a turn signal, then I really see no wrongdoing.

But, if the officer never addressed the turn signal issue and only concentrated on the presence of firearms through the duration of the stop, I see a high probability of profiling, given the nature of the citizen's bumper stickers.

One reason why the only sticker on my truck is the Coast Guard decal I have to display in order to drive on base...

I've never seen a Brady-bunch-type say "You know what? I've always thought guns were evil, but after seeing that 'Guns don't kill people, people kill people!' bumper sticker I think I'll join the NRA now."
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them." -Richard Henry Lee, Virginia delegate to the Continental Congress, initiator of the Declaration of Independence, and member of the first Senate, which passed the Bill of Rights.

Page generated in 0.03395 seconds with 8 queries