View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 09:17 PM   #8
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

I didn't here about anything the feds did against the pot growers in Ca., as the last I read, they were still growing in number, and I think it was Washington state that was looking at allowing it also. I know pot is still listed as a schedule 1 narcotic, thus illegal for all purposes, and hasn't been changed over it, but that is up to the FDA. Plus, there are labs in some states still doing human testing with pot, and to me, with it still being a schedule 1 narcotic, that would be illegal to do, but they're doing it. However, there may be laws where they're allowed to bypass that too.

I can't remember which state it was, but I'm sure you remember, passed some laws about manufacturing firearms in-state, and said that if they were sold in-state, that they didn't have to be registered, BATFE or not. They were down south if I recall, Tennessee, maybe? They cited the ICC on this, and the law passed if I remember. That's another case of rebellion.

I think several states are feeling that more and more of their guaranteed rights are being taken away, and they're starting to push back. Plus, they see the feds going against some state constitutions, that include and protect 2nd amendment rights, and others for that matter. However, some of these states have anti-gun governors trying it too, like in Maryland. I've not read all the state constitutions, but a few that I have, did include the same as the 2nd Amendment, like Maryland and Pennsylvania, which are some of the oldest.

Page generated in 0.02905 seconds with 8 queries