View Single Post
Old July 20, 2010, 02:32 PM   #58
ISC

OK, I don't see why there was any cause for any attacks.

I was trying to show how the civil rights movement was an outgrowth of the discriminatory laws against blacks and how the sitting around quietly and voting for sympathetic politicians wasn't enough to end those violation of an entire group's civil rights.

In the 50's and 60's there was blatant and open intimidation against blacks who tried to vote or register to vote. Selma and Montgomery was about more than an old woman who was too tired stand on a bus.

40 years later we have the anti gun political machine in Chicago flaunting their corruption (Blagoivich, Daley, etc). ACORN has been proven to have registered thousands of fictitious voters and bussing them into precincts they don't live in so they could vote (more than one time IMO). Mn had Norm Coleman's 4000 vote lead turn into a 312 vote loss where 350 felons were known by the state to have voted and where in the recount the local election officials made photocopies of original ballots and then mixed them in with the originals, resulting in several precincts having more votes cast than there were registered voters.

Anti gun Massachusetts and other gun unfriendly states are attempting to usurp the constitution by bypassing the electoral college. That would allow states that would elect anti gun politicians to use the vote rigging common to their states (in some of these places it's very common for people to continue voting for years after they die) to drown out the honest votes.

If things continue to go down this path, I don't think it's so unrealistic to suspect that anti 2nd amendment forces could steal more elections. If that happens what are our options?

Is a million gun owners march going to meet the same results that the bonus army did in the 30's? If you don't know what I mean by that you are either woefully ignorant of our history or a victim of revisionist history.

Can we stage successfull rallies if all but one news station ignores it like they did the tea party?

What should we do the next time a Hughes type amendment is inserted into a bill requiring universal registration or a federal license to own more than 10 guns and 1000 rounds of ammo? Both of those amendments have been proposed and will probably come up again.

Last edited by ISC; July 20, 2010 at 02:39 PM.

Page generated in 0.03329 seconds with 8 queries