View Single Post
Old July 10, 2013, 05:28 AM   #5
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
I gravitated towards stel framed guns, becasuse they feel right.
That may be true of me: I don't know. The G19 is the only polymer I own. I will say that every pistol that I've held and thought "oooh! That feels nice" has ben steel, but they have also had nice ergos and seemed to go right on target when I've fired/dry-fired them. So it is steel, is it feel or is it both? I don't know.

Quote:
If the gun doesn't do what you need it to do, then don't get it. A gun is a tool, and should have a clear function before it is purchased (concealed carry, home defense, collection, investment, plinking, etc.) Don't use a screwdriver to drive a nail.
I don't see why the Jericho would not do everything I want of it, including IPSC, (provided I can find extra mags, mag holders, and holster...). They gun itself is not the issue, it is more a case of "keeping it on the road" and getting what I want for it without a ton of hassles. That is the bit where the 941 is more of a question.

I confess I do like Sigs, especially the P229 and 232. The former would fit my needs but the P232 is no good for IPSC: a must. Both are waaaaay too expensive!! Beretta does nothing for me and is also stupidly steep here.

Quote:
I would say just try out the Jericho
I could probably try one, but it's not its performance that I have doubts about, it is getting those spares when they are needed!

Quote:
Have you considered contacting Israel Weapon Industries about those seemingly irreplaceable consumable parts?
Some bits could be bought without any legal ramifications, but recoil springs are not one of them. There is also the issue of whether companies will ship to an individual.
Again, if bits are interchangeable with CZ, being a CZ clone, it might all be OK...

Last edited by Pond, James Pond; July 10, 2013 at 08:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03596 seconds with 8 queries