View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 01:37 AM   #19
OutlawJoseyWales

Mike, love the vids. But the "world of computering" is fairly dominated by, well, the kind of people that don't go outside much-much less, ever shot a gun in their lives. It's pretty much the same for me with the Yahoo News clan with my emails, and what passes for "news" there, BECAUSE they are playing to their audience. An audience made up of the kind of people who would rather ban guns then fire them. It's just who they are.

First, I've been around TV production for a long time, ran a TV show years ago. So, I know a few things but as I told you before, your videos stand out for a number of reason.

First the "lack of creep" factor. Most vids that I see on Youtube where someone is shooting a gun, the dude is MOST of the time, just creepy looking guy doing things with guns that they should NOT be allowed to do.

NOT EVERYBODY IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON FILM. I found this out about myself. The camara either loves you or it hates you.

Secondly, your camaras produce a very nice clean production that most "gun vids" camaras simply lack. Most folks are shooting with a cam they picked up at Wally World on clearance, it just CAN'T create good looking product. Whatever you shooting with give a good looking shot.

Third, and this might be along with "lack of ceepy" is the clean lines and lack of clutter that your vids show. While most guys wouldn't think of this as an answer to it, they watch the vids and "don't see" what they don't realize they are missing. And that is clutter. It's what seperates the pros from the wanna' be's. Although I love Hickok45 putting guns on film and he is a great shootist, his vids are not visually pleasing, often shooting in what looks like a pig pen. Things are not tidy and don't make a clean looking view. No offense to him meant, it's just how it is.

Although we are a small family here, I hope you will continue to create these fun vids. I don't understand silly people and reddit if FULL of them. Just goes with the territory I guess. Thanks, I've enjoyed your vids.
OJW

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries