View Single Post
Old January 28, 2012, 04:33 PM   #29
its_kristy

I know this thread is old but I am going to reply to it because as a woman with very small hands, I came here hoping to find information and was disappointed with the responses. I am replying now in hopes that other women with small hands will find my information useful.

SIG P239
1) Gun fit question. Place the distal crease of your trigger finger on the face of the trigger. Do not pull the trigger back in any way, nor cock the gun (eg DA/SA guns are measured in DA mode). When you wrap the rest of your hand around the gun to attain a firing grip, does the gun's backstrap connect with your hand

a) somewhere along the thumb itself, or
b) at the base knuckle of the thumb, or
c) in the web of your hand

(B) but approaching (A)

2) Gun fit question. Holding the gun as in Question #1, and with your wrist as straight as you can get it, you draw an imaginary line from the muzzle of the gun along the barrel. The line continues indefinitely. Does the line

a) run over your thumb, but no other part of your hand or arm, or
b) run sorta-kinda along your wrist for a short distance, or
c) run exactly parallel with your forearm

(B) but only for a very short distance, approaching (A)

3) Gun type question. Is the gun a

a) SA revolver
b) DA revolver
c) DA or DA/SA semi auto
d) striker-fired semi auto
e) SA semi auto

4) Gun type question. Is the gun a

a) revolver
b) single stack
c) double stack

5) What caliber is the gun you measured?
9mm

6) In your subjective opinion, is the gun's recoil

a) mild (without gloves, you wouldn't mind shooting 100 consecutive rounds)
b) moderate (without gloves, about 50 rounds would be okay, maybe not more though), or
c) severe (without gloves, you'd rather not shoot more than 25 consecutive rounds).

7) Note grips & any alterations done to the gun (eg shortened trigger -- brand, grip type -- brand, grip reduction -- gunsmith name)

None

8) Your glove size is

a) Ladies' small
b) Ladies' medium

Ladies Extra Small

Kahr K9
1) Gun fit question. Place the distal crease of your trigger finger on the face of the trigger. Do not pull the trigger back in any way, nor cock the gun (eg DA/SA guns are measured in DA mode). When you wrap the rest of your hand around the gun to attain a firing grip, does the gun's backstrap connect with your hand

a) somewhere along the thumb itself, or
b) at the base knuckle of the thumb, or
c) in the web of your hand

(C) but approaching (B)

2) Gun fit question. Holding the gun as in Question #1, and with your wrist as straight as you can get it, you draw an imaginary line from the muzzle of the gun along the barrel. The line continues indefinitely. Does the line

a) run over your thumb, but no other part of your hand or arm, or
b) run sorta-kinda along your wrist for a short distance, or
c) run exactly parallel with your forearm

(C) but only for a very short distance, but approaching (B)

3) Gun type question. Is the gun a

a) SA revolver
b) DA revolver
c) DA or DA/SA semi auto
d) striker-fired semi auto
e) SA semi auto

I'm not entirely sure about this one because I'm not that familiar with guns but I believe it was a (D)

4) Gun type question. Is the gun a

a) revolver
b) single stack
c) double stack

5) What caliber is the gun you measured?
9mm

6) In your subjective opinion, is the gun's recoil

a) mild (without gloves, you wouldn't mind shooting 100 consecutive rounds)
b) moderate (without gloves, about 50 rounds would be okay, maybe not more though), or
c) severe (without gloves, you'd rather not shoot more than 25 consecutive rounds).

I was unable to shoot this gun at the time so this is unknown.

7) Note grips & any alterations done to the gun (eg shortened trigger -- brand, grip type -- brand, grip reduction -- gunsmith name)

None

8) Your glove size is

a) Ladies' small
b) Ladies' medium

Ladies extra small

Page generated in 0.02733 seconds with 8 queries