View Single Post
Old July 30, 2001, 01:35 PM   #19
Doug444

Many thanks for the kind words, gentlemen. As to the teaching - well, my wife says that's one of my "normal" modes. I'm still not sure if she means that's a GOOD thing or not!

As to the flying assault tent - looks like I'll need to devise an effective stake-down method for the hard "parking lot" area. My tent survived just fine - glad to hear that all the"victims" are OK as well.

My greatest diappointment for the day was forgetting my .444 Marlin ammo! Yup, it was sitting right there on the loading bench when I got home.

On the other hand, I had many "highs" for the day. The full-auto stuff was indeed fun, but my personal favorite was plinking at the SMALL rock past the Jeep rock with Todd's national match set-up M1A!! I always new I'd like one of them, but now I KNOW I do.

I didn't get around to pulling out the contender or my .22 Mag, but that will wait for another time, I guess. I certainly got to know my .38 Super EAA Witness a lot better by the end of the day though. I really like that gun!

By the way, I've found the secret to winning the "last man standing" contest - start out on the left end, 'cause most right-handed shooters tend to look to the right for their targets! Those little 20 oz. bottles were challenging, weren't they?

I'll try to keep the 15/16th of Sept. available.

One last thing. I must say that I was impressed with the conduct of all of the shooters. In light of the fact that we were on an "un-controlled" range (read no designated range officer constantly watching the firing line) we were all quite concious of where our muzzles were pointed and located (front/back) relative to the other shooters. When a "cease fire" was called everyone obeyed without question, and when someone did make a small error they were gently but firmly reminded of the rules. I know we made a positive impact on 2 new shooters that day.

Safe shooting!

Doug444

Page generated in 0.02688 seconds with 8 queries