Thread: SKS vs AK?
View Single Post
Old September 27, 2006, 10:37 PM   #21
MTMilitiaman

Quote:
Firepower, as they say, means hitting your target. IME, especially from prone, this is more easily accomplished with the SKS. As I said, I've owned both. The semiauto AK has nothing in particular to offer the civilian shooter over an SKS beyond ammo capacity. That is of little consequence under virtually any circumstances where the civilian-owned rifle is at all likely to be used. I refuse to get involved in which is better for "Mad Max" or "Night of the Living Dead" or other TEOTWAWKI scenarios.
If you want to get completely anal, most situations in which a civilian is actually going to be called upon to use his rifle, aren't going to permit the prone position either.

I understand what you mean. I just feel the AK's ability to better accomidate higher capacity mags and optics gives it an advantage over the SKS. I don't dislike the SKS. In fact I like them very much. I currently own one of each and if I had the money, would own several more of each. But red dots are fun and so is shooting more than 10 times without reloading. So even without considering poopy fans, the AK is a great deal more fun to me.

Page generated in 0.06054 seconds with 8 queries