View Single Post
Old September 29, 2005, 05:04 PM   #2
leadcounsel

This is a really tough situation.

I don't think that any one answer fits the mold....

If you don't get involved at your soonest opportunity, you risk losing the window of opportunity and being executed ala Wendys shooting a few years back. However, if you don't get involved maybe the puke will just steal some money and leave.

If you get involved and give a warning, you risk the BG shooting/stabbing first or taking a hostage.

If you don't give a warning, and simply shoot the BG, he may shoot you or someone else whom he may have otherwise not shot nor did he "intend" to shoot.

I suppose that one would have to weigh many factors such as whether the BG seemed ruthless enough to kill or was his threat with a weapon and idle threat; whether you could SAFELY intervene without alerting him/them; whehter you could safely shoot and what the background is; whether you are outgunned; the number of witnesses; likelihood that the situation will turn messy or whether (using your best guess) intervention would be necessary or successful.

I do recognize I'm not a cop and don't act like a cop.

That being said, IF I could intervene without alerting the BG and IF I was outnumbered and thought that I could successfully intervene, I would not give a warning. I voted to shoot the BG.

Page generated in 0.05266 seconds with 8 queries