View Single Post
Old November 23, 2008, 08:46 AM   #1
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Reclaimed Shot.....

With the price of components climbing, the cost of shooting has darn near doubled within the last half decade. The West Coast shot I use has gone from about $23 a bag to $39 at present, and had been up to $42.

That shot is as good as you can find. 5% antimony, nice and round, it makes up some very good loads in my MEC. I prefer 7/8 oz loads of 7 1/2 shot for most of my clay shooting, and they double for dove loads.

In my ongoing struggle to shoot as much as possible while not irking Wonderful Wife, The Permanent Head of The Budget Committee at Casa McC, I recently bought some reclaimed shot from a shooting buddy.

At 50 lbs for $50, the price is certainly attractive. The shot is reclaimed from a range north of here, cleaned, graphited and sold to shooter like me, first come first served. My buddy picked up 150 lbs, and split it three ways.

The first boxes are now loaded,using my pet recipe. While the sizes are obviously mixed, the stuff looks round, rolls straight and loads just like the premium lead.

Any experience with this? Any caveats or advice?

Use is casual clays and training.If I compete, I'll use the West Coast.

Thanks....

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries