View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Sevens

I'm a h-u-g-e fan of all the K-22's (well, pre-lock K-22's anyway) and my Model 17 is a dash-6 and from 1988 -- it was my first handgun, a Christmas present from my Mom. I just had it out last Saturday and we shot empty 12 gauge hulls at distances from 10 to 15 yards.

I love it with my full heart! However, all else being equal, the design of the Hammerli has more mechanical accuracy potential.

Of course, that's potential. In anyone's hands, all bets are off. And if a shining example of one were pitting up against a lousy example of the other, again, the result might be different.

But given the fact that the Hammerli has a fixed barrel and the chamber & barrel are one unit, that is theoretically going to best a revolver where there are six chambers (each different in a miniscule way) and those chambers are rotated and then locked in to place.

Tell us more about your Model 17!

Page generated in 0.03146 seconds with 8 queries