View Single Post
Old November 18, 2013, 06:50 PM   #13
thinktwice

I recently purchased a SPX also. I like it a lot. I think it is built as well as any of them, maybe better. Don't be worried about it being made in Turkey, a lot of very nice guns have come from Turkey, and Winchester oversee's this operation. As far as ad on's I don't much care for that. I think a plain jane shotgun is all you need for home defense/self defense. However if you like to "tact-up"" your shotgun that's fine too. Stevens 320 tactical has a lot of that, ghost ring sights. bladed fiber optic front sight, heat shield, pistol grip stock etc.... and from what I have read it's a clone of the SPX rotary bolt and all. I have several shotguns including Mossberg and 870's and really like them all. As others have said police have carried them for years and some still do. As far as the Mossberg the military is still carrying the Mossberg 590 A-1 to this day. That means they are tuff sturdy shotguns that work. That being said if I was going to war I would want one of them, but I doubt any of us here, are going to get a new shotgun, that will see the abuse these shotguns see. Most of us take care of our weapons, don't even want a scratch om them. So I think whatever you choose will last and work for the rest of our lives. By the way of all the shotguns I do have my favorite is a 25 year old plane jane Mossberg with an 18.5" barrel. It has always worked great and is smooth as butter. (I even lost the front bead sight somehow) Enjoy your SPX it will still be working just fine many many years from now.

Page generated in 0.03194 seconds with 8 queries