View Single Post
Old February 26, 2009, 12:44 PM   #57
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCA
I say again - Corporations have no morals and they may have ethics.
Well, here is the definition of ethics that CHARACTER COUNTS! uses:

Quote:
Standards of duty and virtue that indicate how we should behave.
You can go here as well: http://www.philosophyblog.com.au/eth...cs-and-morals/ and see terms are pretty synonymous.

I won't quibble with you on definitions but let's just say it is wrong and unfair.

Quote:
The way I see it, the "security" measures at most stores (cameras, recording systems, alarm buttons, etc.) are tantamount to having no safety shields in a cannery and telling employees they're "safe" because the company has an on-site ambulance.
Agreed and those measures provide no real protection to the employee. At many 7-11 type stores in bad areas I have seen bullet-proof cash register areas. Not very nice to look at but safe and companies could easily put them in.

Quote:
But certain jobs pose a risk of injury or death by others not controlled by the business and if the employer cannot mitigate those risks, he must allow the employee to provide for his own safety when necessary.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Bill!

Last edited by Tennessee Gentleman; February 26, 2009 at 12:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.03532 seconds with 8 queries