View Single Post
Old March 6, 2008, 09:00 PM   #14
bluedog

Yes, the Patternmaster is the tube without constriction....works by retarding the wad and as a result not disrupting the shot charge.....it only works with buckshot cartridges that use a plastic wad to contain the shot....it also will not work as well (in most cases) as a custom buckshot choke....there are some gunsmiths that can make a shotgun do magic stuff with custom chokes. As for me, I will not use buckshot smaller in size than 00 and actually prefer 000 if the gun will shoot very tight patterns with it....presently I use 00 and I am very pleased with the results. A good load balance must be found when using buckshot....large pellets mean more energy, penetration and effective range....more pellets on target is a very good thing....tight patterns with large buckshot (00 or 000) is where you want to be. For what it's worth, I have used just about every kind, make, and size of buckshot on the market and I believe the best buckshot load out there is the Federal Premium 12 ga. 2 3/4 Magnum 00 load....this load has 12 pellets and is about 100 f.p.s faster than most 3" mag loads...the pellets are copper plated and the load is buffered....patterns great in most guns....try it first and you may never not to look any further!

Page generated in 0.03316 seconds with 8 queries