View Single Post
Old August 6, 2006, 10:12 AM   #3
Tom Burks

Pretty much the same as yours. Communication being up top for me. Let me know the status of my order, starting with letting me know you received my order!

I am an "internet craftsman" in my spare time as I have a full time job and a family. I know that with the limited time I have during the evenings and on weekends, I don't take on more orders than I can not complete and ship around 1 week of it being ordered. I can put my web store "on hold" keeping any more orders being placed.

So when unforeseen items like having to work late in the evening or unexpected guests show up it can throw me off by a day. If it will put me past the original ship date, as soon as I am able, I let my customers know of the delay and a new ship date. Works good for both parties.

I also have a problem as far as my credit card being charged when the order is placed AND the delivery date is more than 1 week out unless I have ordered something that is custom made and takes the duration of those additional weeks to make.

A good compromise for "internet craftsman" would be to charge your CC when it's time to make your "craft" and your "purchase order" pulled for the details. Since we are talking "custom" holsters, I consider it "bought" once the first cut into the leather is made. Charging me upon shipping would be considered exceptional customer service.

Myself, I take payment up front because I don't do enough business to justify a CC terminal (virtual or physical) but take payment via PayPay (which takes CC's) and I usually start my "craft" within 24 hours of receiving payment, shipping within 5-7 days.

Honesty is a good one as well. Fishing? Can't get anymore honest than that!

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries