View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 10:40 PM   #9
tahunua001

Quote:
I picked up a No. 4 Mark III * that had "U.S.PROPERTY" on it for $125.
ok I'm not going to say you're full of it but... the only enfields marked US Property were made by Savage under the Lend Lease Act and those were No4 MK1*s, I've never heard of a MKIII* number 4.... heard of NO1 MKIII* but those were australian if memory serves right.

either way $125 for an original condition enfield aint a bad deal at all, I got my US property NO4 for $150 and I've been offered $350 for it. as for getting a bubba'd rifle and refurbishing it, that's not going to happen cheaper than just buying original. I once bought a 1903A4 barreled action for $150 dollars, I spent over $1,000 returning it to snuff and ended up having to use a lot of reproduction parts. original, correct would have cost well over $2,000. given that the average price for a barreled 1903A4 action is $2,700 these days it would cost you 4,700 to build a rifle that only blue books at $4,000. the same can be said for less expensive more prolific models. a $400 sporterized mauser would cost about $900 to refurbish yet you can still get them for around $1000 in perfect condition if you look hard enough.

Page generated in 0.03436 seconds with 8 queries