View Single Post
Old October 7, 2001, 01:40 AM   #13
LASur5r+P

Good

Good responses all around.

Might suggest some of you veirfy something first. Have someone stand about 10 feet in front of you. Make sure you have thoroughly emptied your weapon. Check again, then use your CCW holster and dress as you normally do when you carry. Have person hold hand out in front of them as if with a bladed weapon...or if you wish with a washable marker. Go at full speed. They "mark" you and you draw. Think it's just a good idea to see if you're drawing fast enough.

For those of you that running is a first response, please try that.

I think it is just a good idea to make sure all is as you say, then you have truly "mastered" your technique.

I don't think there is a right or wrong technique...it is your life so your response is as you believe and train in.

My training has me responding by moving in and to the side of the BG (doing a yin to his yang move), then keep on moving past him and keep on running. Then when I have enough distance I either draw or keep on running.

Thanks for your insight....especially about the soldier... unfortunately for them, they are in condition three.? or four?..weapon empty, magazine outside of weapon.

I agree, military training is different from LEO training. So I wouldn't want to be nearby or mistaken for a BG and get caught in a hail of bullets.

Page generated in 0.03627 seconds with 8 queries