View Single Post
Old June 11, 2014, 07:39 PM   #29
Justice06RR

Quote:
The best advice I can give you is "do not buy one built". Get a stripped lower. The reason is that you will want to select the trigger, maybe a safety lever, and maybe a heavy buffer and/or buffer spring. So you end up spending money on the parts you want later instead of just getting what you want the 1st time. Building a lower is easier than changing a tire on a car, so don't be intimidated at all. Get a stripped lower and built it exactly as YOU want it instead of getting what someone wants to sell you.
No no, that is not the point.

There's nothing wrong with Buying a complete rifle (or upper/lower) if its a quality brand or if it has the parts and configuration you want.

Believe me, many experienced shooters/professionals/Vets will buy a complete rifle from Colt or BCM, throw a good optic/sling, and call it a day. The customization mostly comes from the amateur civilian size (I can be guilty of this).

Building an AR15 with the exact parts you require is great esp for cost benefits, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying a quality complete rifle. You get the manufacturer's warranty and assurance that it should be built to the correct specs and put together by professionals. It may also save you the cost of tools and the hassle/headache if you build your rifle incorrectly, which may happen often to newer individuals.

Just wanted to point that out.

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 8 queries