View Single Post
Old August 11, 2013, 05:35 PM   #2
4runnerman

Hello Swapman1- I do not anneal 223 brass,as it is to easy to come by. All my other rifles, I anneal every 4th reload. It will extend your brass life and the neck seating is more even. My set up is very crude but makes due very well.
I take 2 torches, face them toward each other so flames meet. Grab brass with pliers and hold into flame for the count of 5. Since flames is wider than the case it does a very good job at getting all the way around the case evenly. Drop them in a tub of ice water and I am done. Never timed myself ,but I can fly through 100 pcs very fast. Brass is getting to be a very exspensive part of reloading latley,If you can find what you need first of all. I like to get as many reloads out of it as I can. I have gotten as many as 14 reloads on my 308 brass,18 reloads on my Norma 6MMBR brass, 10 on my 243 and 22-250 brass. I shoot a lot so I need it to last. As for pistol brass, Never done it,never will. I lose them long before they are shot.

You can tell very fast when you go to chamfer if you did a good job annealing. They chamfer real nice and the feeling you get while chamfering them is like cutting warm butter as apposed to cold butter. Smooth and easy.

Page generated in 0.02763 seconds with 8 queries