View Single Post
Old February 20, 2013, 07:37 PM   #26
brinker

Cleaning your weapon:

I read every entry and they are basicly simular, I shoot classic, most of my pieces are 100 years old. I haven't read about corrosive ammo. My P-14 303 british, was state made. right now you can buy Pakistan ammo in 303 for .43 cents a round. but it is corrosive power. What do you do! #1, don't shoot it!. or clean you barrel, after you shoot it. This is something that can't wait. and a warm barrel works best. I remove the bolt. and back wash with soapy patch dawn/alcolhol/water mix. I back wash to keep a minum out of the action, back wash reciever forward, I will dry patch, Hoppies patch,clean patch, then oil patch, usually the chamber will not have much power residue, but a back wash will usually catch it. I will do this after 10 rounds, I will also store after runing an oily patch.My bore is bright and clean with good rifleing. a copper bore brush dipped in hoppies. (thats important), never run a dry bore brush thru the barrel . after you fire always run hoppies thru the bore, at the range. I use hoppies ,but any comperable cleaner will work. That spray stuff, personally I don't use it,I was taught old school, I also clean my bore brushes with naptha, ya they get dirty! be careful shoot clean sunny

Page generated in 0.04202 seconds with 8 queries